The work of Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agency’s primary teams do not happen in a vacuum. The teams responsible for end to end product development are interconnected with other areas of operations, including downstream systems such as those controlled by and used by Transportation Officers. It is imperative that alignment be achieved across all stages of the Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agencies operations to maximize effectiveness and operational excellence. Alignment begins with a system that can combine the vision and strategy for the future, with the tactical execution of such requirements and ultimately the implementation, training, and use of those new systems.
Substantial frustrations, delays, and challenges managing many systems that each function within one element of the operational life cycle of the Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agencies can be avoided by unifying many of the most common information, content, and knowledge related tasks into a single system, Iternal’s software.
Procurement is only the first step in the process to develop new solutions to support Transportation Officers. Following the decision to procure a solution, substantial amounts of research, design, strategy, planning, innovation, ideation, and requirements management must be completed to aid in selecting the correct solution. Further, after a solution has been selected (or decided to be built), there is a substantial burden placed on Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agencies teams to verify, validate, and track the solution to ensure it meets the initial requirements. Upon acceptance the next phase of the process begins with implementation of the solution which involves training, documentation, and post-implementation performance analysis.
Inherently all of these phases of end-to-end solution development are interconnected and legacy systems burden Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agencies employees by creating data silos and complex and disjointed user experiences. Iternal’s software can be leveraged as an end-to-end solution development platform to capture, track, reuse, and simplify information from the very beginning ideation phase, to implementation and post implementation analysis of solution efficacy. Instead of making employees navigate and learn multiple complex systems, all data can be centrally captured in Iternal’s software. Additionally because of Iternal’s software’s numerous content output options, the data input and collected throughout solution development can be re-used to create stage appropriate reports, retrospectives, and other operational documents, adding to the overall flexibility and agility of the system and fulfilling all three Public Sector (Federal, State, and Local) Transportation Agencies objectives of Simplicity, Reuse, and Information Criticality.
The same information captured to solve one problem may also be repurposed for fulfilling similar solutions that need to be developed in tangentially related areas. For example, certain training procedures for a solution that addresses baggage weighing, may also apply to a baggage conveyor belt upgrade (such as a training module on “Do not throw bags onto the device”).
- Iternal’s software eliminates many point solutions that cause data silos and poor information and knowledge sharing. Because Iternal’s software is flexible enough to meet the needs of many use cases and departments everyone in the org can standardize on a single platform, reducing data silos, improving collaboration, and leading to a network effect where the knowledge from your best and brightest is able to be easily accessed by everyone in the org 24x7x365;
- IdeaBlock Modular Components reside in a data hierarchy. This allows the information to be reused when needed while also allowing flexibility. Such change would not impact any other modular component in the hierarchy – maximizing reusability.
- Establish an inheritance based framework for structured and unstructured data organization that drastically eliminates duplicate and redundant content by a factor of approx. 3x depending on the use case;
- Constantly maintain data accuracy and quality by automatically receiving updates made to IdeaBlocks in the originating system and distributing such updates to any system or output (like a document or report) that has received a copy of that IdeaBlock;
- Iternal’s software programmatically builds all major media formats using AI, Automation, and Templates and therefore can complete work much faster than a human, accelerating the ability to produce highly complex media formats such as videos, reports, audio / podcasts, graphic designed brochures, and other forms of media.
- Templatization allows for the standardization of output to a specific form and structure and maps that structure to IdeaBlock Modular Components.
- Templates which are fed from IdeaBlocks benefit from the flexibility of where that data comes from, API, Internally Stored Data, External Databases, Custom Input Form, etc. This dramatically accelerates the ability to produce compliant outputs in a variety of media formats.
- IdeaBlock Modular Components leverage an advanced tagging system that allows for all phases of work to be captured in a single system regardless of media format, this allows colleagues to be able to access the work that has already been completed in support of their phase of work. For example, a design research brief may be used to inform engineering decisions, and engineering documentation may be used to inform end-user training. Instead of having to email colleagues and asking for the information, everything is accessible to authorized personnel in a single system, removing barriers and accelerating progress.
- Streamline and unify the sharing of data in multimedia formats (text, slides, images, audio, video) in a curated fashion (only share the information that matters) between systems like other Federal, State, and / or Local Agencies for related tasks (such as Immigration Processing, Passport Applications, Government Clearances, Background Checks, etc);
- Track and manage security classifications and formal security designations at the IdeaBlock Level (a modular component of information, i.e. a threat summary, a piece of traveler biographic data, etc);
- Track and validate policy and regulatory, or memoranda of understanding compliance, for all information exchanged through the system;
Accelerate approvals, changes, updates, and other modifications to constantly evolving content in the applicable foreign language;