The SVP of Consulting Services will join a strong Executive Leadership Team that values collaboration, communication and transparency. The SVP of Consulting Services will be accountable for working with both the Sales, LASER, and technology teams to implement large scale business transformation across the largest enterprise customers in the world, and unify their technology ecosystem under the Iternal Technologies platform. The SVP of Consulting Services will also be responsible for implementing, leading and scaling all commercial and market development Consulting Services activities.
This is an amazing opportunity to help organizations evolve and transform how function at the most basic level and more effectively operation and innovate, both internally and externally. You are joining a world changing technology company with a culture that values trust, critical thinking, self-motivation and having fun pursuing big goals.
Details on Role
Drive scale and profitability by appropriately professionalizing the Company’s Consulting Services go-to-market strategy and Consulting Services function (including but not limited to):
- direct services, subcontracting, account management, renewals/retention and Consulting Services operations);
- Lead and drive overall Consulting Services strategy to develop and close new business broadly within the enterprise market.
- Lead and inspire the Consulting Services organization to achieve quarterly and annual revenue growth targets by establishing Consulting Services goals and monitoring their achievement.
- Align and leverage internal resources to build, develop, and close strategic accounts, partnerships and wins.
- Build and architect a winning Consulting Services team and organization through hiring and inspiring team members.
- Plan and lead regularly scheduled forecast meetings with your team and Finance; Report on Consulting Services activity and forecast to the leadership team.
- Coach direct reports regarding key account strategies to drive closure and improve win rates; manage Consulting Services team to deliver on pipeline growth objectives.
- Realize geographic expansion to strengthen a national footprint.
- Facilitate optimization of gross margin throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and Sales teams to set and manage goals for the sales team to increase Consulting Services pipeline coverage in targeted accounts and regions.
- Maintain a personal presence and be visible with the sales team and Consulting Services teams through customer engagements.
- Directly participate in closing deals with target accounts and driving business initiatives for future success.
- Integrate and accelerate revenue of all acquired companies.
- 10+ years of experience in senior leadership roles within the Information Technology industry providing professional services, IT managed services, or other similar consulting responsibilities.
- 5-8+ years of Consulting Services leadership/management responsibility in a technology (preferably SaaS software) sales / operations / business development organization, with success in achieving targets.
- Successful track record of building world-class Consulting Services teams, including solutions consultants, technical architects, and other forms of consultants.
- Experience selling complex solutions is preferred. Successfully sold in to massive enterprise customers with an average contract size of at least $5 Million
- Delivered verifiable Consulting Services effectiveness improvements targeted at every stage of the service delivery life cycle.
- Proven experience developing Consulting Services teams and recruiting champions that consistently hit timelines, budgets, targets and deliver significant increases in annual revenue.
- Demonstrated sincere appreciation of the Company’s values, morals, culture and history, with an ability to maintain company culture while leading an evolution that preserves the best of our technology’s foundational DNA
- Established track record of driving and delivering annual Consulting Services sales from $50M and up.
- Problem solver with a willingness to get hands dirty.
- Humility, high business ethics and open mindedness.
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the C level.
- Experience with selling platform technologies into enterprise decision-makers.
Competencies to be Successful in the Role
- Highly effective leader with an innate ability to build trust and relationships throughout the organization; adopt a tailored and attentive approach to partnering with the Company’s management team, Board of Directors, and front-line team members; grounded in humility and maintain a laser focus on the Company’s needs; free of any personal agenda or need for ego satisfaction; wired to take satisfaction in the organization’s healthy growth; steady and persistent approach to improving the organization in a pragmatic and transparent manner; highly effective, relationship-based influencer who can ensure alignment and buy-in throughout the organization.
- Foster cross-functional team performance and solicit input from all direct reports on key decisions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for strategic decisions; highly collaborative and inclusive leader who is not bound by consensus
Intelligence/ Analysis Skills
- Be intellectually rigorous and able to engage in and enrich robust discussion, problem solving, and planning; display an innate intellectual curiosity; ability to execute will be complemented by a well-rounded strategic perspective; have a sound judgment and support efficient and sound decision making.
- Flexible and have the ability to adapt to changing work conditions; staying calm means not folding under pressure when something changes, or a problem occurs; developing a solution is being able to come up with a plan when there is a problem
- Rooted in integrity and represent themselves in a truthful and straightforward manner. Intellectually honest and self-aware regarding their own capabilities, limits, and interests. Highly confident but grounded in an appropriate level of humility and must place the organization and its stakeholders ahead of his/her own interests.
- Using methodologies to spot and exploit opportunities in Consulting Services positioning; understanding and adopting corporate strategic goals; conducting executive-level discussion with senior staff at assigned accounts; producing a strategic territory plan; articulating customer value prop and linking solutions to the customer strategy
Practical, matter of fact, sensible, down-to-earth, common-sensical, businesslike, having both/one’s feet on the ground
Creativity / Resourcefulness
- Demonstrating creativity & resourcefulness when faced with challenges that defy an easy solution; utilizing internal and external resources to advance Consulting Services campaigns when faced with objections; leveraging customer – centric solutions when company approaches fall short; finding unique sources of supply for projects, Consulting Services campaigns and other efforts
- Self-Structure indicates a preference for determining one’s own priorities and methods for managing tasks. Individuals ranking high in this area tend to be self-disciplined and able to set priorities on their own. Having an internal focus of control, they can coordinate multiple activities and typically are good at organizing activities.
- Determining root cause of internal and external problems; developing solutions; overseeing and helping achieve resolution; ensuring problems do not re-occur; leveraging the management technique of Failure-Based evidence.
- Planning time; separating productive vs. non-productive time; reconciling conflicting high priority commitments; managing time to complete ‘A’ priorities before ‘B’ and ‘C’ ones; balancing professional and personal schedules; meeting deadlines; managing meeting times; adapting to customer and prospect schedules.
- Holds people to their agreed upon actions and activities; accepts responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner.
- Intense focus on execution, stretch-drive performance, strong bias for action, decisiveness, and a sense of urgency; ambition balanced by ideal levels of empathy for the organization, its customers, and stakeholders; have the highest standards for performance and will professionalize the Company’s commitment to accountability; fierce competitor and embed that ethos throughout the organization ; hands-on, highly resourceful, and be able to achieve winning outcomes with a backdrop of finite people, process, and technology resources.
Hiring and Selecting the “A Team”
Ability to recruit, attract and retain ‘A’ level talent; builds a virtual bench of ‘A’ player talent to fill open or expansion roles.
- The ability to handle rejection and accept criticism in a manner which is constructive and growth oriented. Have a healthy, intact ego and a positive self-picture. Those that tend to be more self-critical and less tolerant of critical feedback and rejection score low.
- Puts the Customer in the focus of everything they do; knows the customers buying process and can identify where each member of the buying decision team is during a Consulting Services campaign
- Demonstrating work pace; meeting deadlines; maintaining work quality in times of heavy workload and stress; impressing customers and partners with high energy state; impacting the work pace of others; thriving in an environment that mandates a fast pace
- Sticking to a plan; not being distracted by noise and friction; establishing reputation for being tenacious; thinking creatively to avoid obstacles; overcoming adversity; managing goals relentlessly